Thursday, April 20, 2017

Illusions @ Fantasy Faire 2017

It's been almost exactly a year since my last post... that's a bit sobering. However, I'm alive, and well, and my life has finally been configuring itself in to something that looks like it could maintain me being more (aka, at all) active on SL again.

My long time friend Selos Dae has both nudged me gently and shoved me stubbornly in the direction of getting back into making things, and she convinced me to sign up for Fantasy Faire this year. It's an adjustment, coming back and seeing all of these new conventions and revelations and things that have changed while I've been gone (bento? mesh heads?!) but within the overwhelming unfamiliarity there have been some moments of amazing warmth. As I poke my head meekly back into the world, everyone I've spoken to has been more than welcoming and kind. Honestly, I'm surprised you guys remember me at all, yet I've had people enthusiastically greet me and tell me they're happy to see me. When I express guilt and sadness that I haven't been able to make anything in such a long time, they've said that if I even have one new thing they're happy for me.

That makes me especially relieved, because that's literally all I have. One new thing. Well, that and a new vendor design.



The Mezza Barocco is a mask I've been working on for a while now. I told myself to get back into things slow and work on something that I love: curls and swirls. I adore the baroque carved plaster style of certain traditional Venetian masks and I just went wild with this one. Lots of iterations of different pieces and shapes and refinement have ended up with me having quite a library of little baroque pieces I look forward to peppering into other creations.

The new vendor design is inspired by the minimalist look I'm noticing with a lot of my contemporaries.  I actually really like it, I love doing detail work and having so much of the space of the image focused on just my creations feels decadent.  I also wanted to simplify things and just go ahead and show color options right there on the vendor image.  I think this will work great on the marketplace and on wherever I end up in world.

I want to re-work my in world vendors to use a new system (one that does automatic loyalty points and re-delivery) but one thing at a time.  For now, I made a thing.  I think it's a pretty thing.  It's at Fantasy Faire, if you care to join me there

3 comments:

Darling Scribe said...

You are an amazing force in SL. Your designs are visually stunning, and giving all of us the option of what permissions to take on the items is just over and above. I am excited to see you back in SL and I can't wait to see what new goodies you come out with! <3

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks great and so great to hear from you. Welcome back.

Cayenne said...

It's beautiful, and welcome back! ♥