Saturday, April 25, 2015

Silumira Necklace

A while ago I needed a break from working on architecture, so I went for something fun, inspired by classical Elven jewelry you see in movies like Lord of the Rings and in all sorts of fantasy art. I was aiming for that lovely cross between Elven and Celtic, using my favorite thing of course: swirls.

 I wasn't sure at the time if I was going to add anything to it, a headpiece or earrings or something, but I could sit on it for potentially months while wondering what to add to it. So, I might as well just release it for Fantasy Faire and let folks enjoy it while I wonder those things.


Silumira, since I'm a nerd and actually looked this up, means "shining stone" in Quenya, the Elvish language of LotR. Sort of.  I looked up the words for "shining" and "stone" and put them together.  I don't know, I don't speak Quenya.

Out now at the Fantasy Faire

No comments: