Thursday, May 3, 2012

Friends, lend me your ears!

With my set of six ears all done, I know you might have a hunger for more, which is why I want to hear what you want to see!  Before I start doing accessories, I want to make sure I'm not missing any shapes.  So, I am looking for your ideas!

I'm looking for ear "shapes" rather than "types". An ear type might be a mer-person ear, torn up ear or something like that. While those sound awesome and I do hope to get to those, they can't be a part of this set due to needing entirely new base meshes, UV's and texture sets.  So what I'm looking for are shapes, variations such as being wider, longer, curved, or pointed etc.  Send me pictures or drawings of elves and creatures that have ears that just make you happy, and feel free to sketch out some yourself!  As long as the concept is discernible it doesn't matter how good you are at drawing it.  I'll take the suggestions and make concepts of my own based on the ones sent in, and then put it up for a vote.  The top two ear shapes will get made!  And then I can get going on earrings, chains and all that yummy stuff you want to perforate your elven lobes with.  Since I don't want to delay too long on getting accessories out, I'm going to make the deadline for concepts Wednesday the 9th.  You've got a week, show me your ears!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of Dual-tipped ears.

Tanarian Brenaur ferch Owain fab Bran (Davies) said...

I'm still wondering about Vulcanoid ears....

aiorii said...

Can we send the terrible sketches to you in-world or where do you want them sent? lol.

(and I do mean terrible... ) In fact, it might just be better to send the sketch with the photo that inspired it!

Siyu said...

Send them to me in world or as links on my
Plurk
. And it's really okay if your skill with drawing isn't that great, I'm looking for concepts, not finished works of art :)

aiorii said...

Ok, all sent in world! Just message me if you have any problems deciphering my scribbles. :)