Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mythic Masquerade (Aftermath)

Myths became real on Saturday! I was delighted to see the folktales out in force, and it seems the theme gave people a lot to work with. There were a few favorites like fauns and fairies, but there were also more exotic beasts who joined us from distant lands: an Annunaki, Hone-Onna, succubi and more. Amazingly, they all got on famously; there must be some camaraderie in being legends.


Ami Tamura as a Hone-onna and Selos Dae being Selos Dae


Freyja Nemeth as a morrigan


Even Horus decided to descend from the sky, I guess it wasn't as fun to watch us dance as it was to join in!

Tauxieros Rainforest as Horus

It's rather cruel of me but I do enjoy celebrating the best costumes, and so I make everyone have to choose and vote for the King and Queen of the Masquerade. This year, two very well deserving people earned the right to those titles!



Kala Lunasea and Ravenna Soothsayer

I was quite pleased and honored to award them with the new mesh Mythic Dragon Mask, which will be coming soon as soon as I finish fiddling with the colors :) Ravenna even matched the decor! Sadly, although I got a picture of them in the event masks, my snapshots were being finicky and a lot of them turned out just black. However, this was my outfit for the masquerade and should do just fine to show their prize.


I had a marvelous time, and want to thank everyone who came. I hope everyone who missed it will be able to make it to the next one!

No comments: