Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras Masquerade 2011 (Aftermath)

The music has died down and I've put the dance balls away. I'm exhausted from another wonderful night with marvelous company, and I'm so glad I got to see so many familiar faces as well as some new ones. Well, sort of see them, after all they were wearing masks!

Amyla Wakowski

Jackal Ennui & Achariya Maktoum
Group shot with Katrina Qissentell in forefront

As always everyone was impeccably dressed. It's such a delight to see people coming together, dressed to the nines in their very best, turned out in a way only Second Life could express. Is it cocky of me to think that the people who come to my masquerades have the best taste in fashion? I don't care if it is, I can't help it when everyone shows up looking so amazing!

I didn't envy the people who had to vote to choose a King and Queen of Mardi Gras. But, when the music stopped and people got to really examine each others outfits, they chose their well deserving winners...the King even came prepared with a crown (cocky bugger ;)

Aceius Hax & Ami Tamura

King Aceius Hax and Queen Ami Tamura made a lovely couple, and shared a few dances together, each in their matching masks. Which I'm very proud to present: this year's event masks are the King and Queen of Carnevale. I will be finishing up, scripting, and releasing them in the next day or two. If you can, click the picture to zoom in and see the detail... it's lusciously decorated. I threw everything I had at it!

I greatly enjoyed this year's masquerade... my fifth year in a row that I've hosted a party for Mardi Gras. I love being able to invite you all to dress your best and spend an evening in excellent company, because you guys surely are the classiest and most original people I've found on SL. I hope you'll come to my next masquerade, and maybe see you at next year's too :)

1 comment:

Setsuled said...

"If you can, click the picture to zoom in and see the detail... it's lusciously decorated. I threw everything I had at it!"

They're beautiful--I love the small, intricate lines.

It was a nice party--I was there with my av Toubanua Tairov. I've been in the mood to listen to Nina Simone ever since.