Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Velodorno

My Columbina Venetzia is still one of my favorite masks, but it's getting on in years and I don't think it really expresses the best that I can do anymore. So I set out to make a new signature mask that is in the same heart but in my new style. Unfortunately, when I know that I'm going to be looking at something for the next year or so as an example of my work, I turn into the Amazing Nitpicking Machine and can not be appeased by anything but a magnitude of effort for every tiny detail. But, it always ends up worth it, and this mask is no exception!

I finally have a new favorite mask. I can't get enough of filigree and delicate curls, and the shape of the eye and the way it flatters the face has a sense of mystique I just adore. It shares the same selection of colors as the Mezzadorno, Perorno, and Delitesco, though I made a small adjustment to the red color in all of them. It seemed a bit washed out, so if that was bothering you I'll be happy to send you an update, just ask :)

I'll be slowly working on new promotional pictures for the store, maybe even setting up a new vendor design. I don't know if I'll be able to get around to redoing every single vendor, but the least I can do is start the newest items off on it. You might have already noticed that my blog header has had an increase in spiffy-ness, and that's foreshadowing for more to come.

It feels good to be getting back to normal, but it also is scary because of all the stuff I need to do. I need to do a lot of catching up and cleaning up, and I never feel like I have enough time. To the people who are waiting on me, hang in there, I'm doing my best!

No comments: