Monday, June 4, 2007

So the great mystery of the exporting textures was revealed, (finally figured it out on my own), yet problems arose in the application of them, since what I wanted to use them on as a sort of unique construction... Aaaah well, all good things are worth working for, right?

Alright, so I didn't put the parasol out today. I took a Siyu Day, went shopping, hung around my island listening to music and idly terraforming, took some pretty pictures and then returned to my First Life to do some cuddling and cleaning. It was a much needed break after that furious flurry of festive frippery.

You know what's odd, is that there is still ONE Bast mask left and I'm wondering who it's waiting for. Is there someone out there who just hasn't found me yet? Who's dreaming and wishing to become the famed cat goddess? Probably. I probably have to start work on Horus first in order to have that one sell, and hey, this time it'll have sculpies ;)

And lol, as if I didn't have enough projects in the air, I'll be starting work on the Elven series soon, i've been playing with wavies, organic shapes and embellishments and it should be tres nummy ;)

Alright, that's it for today, I'm buggering off!

2 comments:

Krimson Gray said...

Well one thing I know about textures is that the better a UVmap fills up the square, then better it will wrap around the sculpty in world. Not to mention tnat if you can render the wireframes as a tga, then textures can be hand painted on for use in world. Of course this would be much easier using a viewer that will view the textured obj.

Nef said...

Zbrush lets you paint right onto the model, so now that I've figured out how to export the darn things I'm all set ^.^ It even does the UV wrap on it's own. Zbrush = Love