Saturday, May 5, 2007

Smile, Darn ya!!

I think I might make a new feature, since I love putting together outfits, of a Friday Outfit mashup where no more than two items on me can be from the same place/designer.



This lovely, conservative yet fashionable outfit is compiled out of the following yummies:
The new "Priscilla Suit Jacket" by Last Call (Dazzle Haute Couture)
New Bathory Corset Top by Analise
"Beze Cranberry skirt" in black from Temptation
"Lady's Zig Zag Heels" in black from Shiny Things
"Airy" hair in Black by ETD
"White Orchid Pendant" by ~Muse


Really, I just wanted to show off my fuddy duddy outfit for Cinco De Mayo, since I'm a conservative whose idea of a crazy wild night is staying at home and making masks :) But I tell a little bit of a lie, I'm wearing a sombrero as you read this.


The title of this post comes from some folks around me, and through reading forum posts, I've been exposed to some negativity lately... None of it involving me personally, and I remain blessed to be surrounded by loving friends. But I keep seeing bitter feelings, angry folk, irrational dislikes and differences, spiteful people or people who are emotionally dependant on others, or people who don't take any time to try to feel empathy with the people around them... The sad thing is is that many people assume that sort of behavior is normal, or that all people are like that, or if they aren't showing that behavior they aren't "being real". Life isn't TV, the ratings don't go down and you don't lose your job if your life is happy and drama free. There are genuinely happy people out there and you can be one of them. So I'd like to give you this song:




Smile, darn ya, smile! You know this old world is a great world, after all!
Come on and smile, darn ya, smile! and right away, watch Lady Luck pay you a call!

Things are never as black as they are painted
Time for you and joy to get acquainted
Make all of your life worthwhile
Come on and smile, darn you, smile!
Life is really only what you make it
stand up and show them you can take it
Make life worthwhile..
come on and smile, darn ya, smile!

Sammy Davis Jr (The Rat Pack)

Sending out love and happy rays in the truly hippy fashion
-Siyu

No comments: